Friday, January 12, 2007

I don't need you anymore!!!

"I don't need you guys anymore!" The words every mom is thrilled and sad to hear come from thier three year old. The other morning I went to get the boys up (they have taken to playing in Zane's crib until I haul my tired body out of bed) and lo and behold my Andrew is completely dressed! Not only had he taken his pj's off and gone potty but he had put on his clothes for the day. Now some of you mom's out there may be organized and have your children's wardrobe set out the night before. NOT I! He got into his dresser drawers and picked out what he was going to wear AND without any help from dear old mom he even matched! When I exclaimed my surprise over what he was wearing (after I went through the internal questioning of "I did put pj's on him last night..... didn't I?) he pulled out the ever popular phrase "I don't need you anymore!" The moment was bittersweet. The thrill and agony of my little ones growing up! Now I just have to wait for Zane to pull out the phrase and then I am really going to be in a world of hurt!

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

That is so cute! I am pretty impressed he can match his clothing! But it has got to be a weird moment when your baby is doing his own thing...