Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reid Isaiah: 3 Months Old

Reid Isaiah is 3 months old today. It has been an interesting 3 months trying to understand who Reid is. He was so cranky for the first 6 weeks but once we fully figured out all his allergy issues, and I started to really comply with them in my diet, Reid has turned into quite a happy little guy. He still has moments of crankiness but it is more similar to my other babies and it isn't laced with the shrieks of pain from his tummy hurting him.

Reid has started putting himself to sleep at night. He has been great at drifting off by himself in the middle of the night for about a month now but just in the last 2 weeks he has started being semi awake when I put him in his crib at night and then he drops off by himself. I can only think of 2 nights in the last 10 days where I have had to pick him back up and re-nurse him down. Solid progress in my book! Oh, he also is sleeping until 4 or 5 in the morning most nights. It is wonderful to get some solid sleep again.

Reid has also found his hands. I can set things in front of him now and he will bat at them. It is not uncommon to see Reid laying on his back with both arms straight out in front of him and him intently examining them. He is still figuring out how to open his fingers though. Reid doesn't quite suck his thumb and I have a feeling he will suck a finger or two rather than his thumb. Something a little different for our family but if it helps him sleep at night then it works for me.

1 comment:

joanna said...

Awesome update on baby Reid and huge thumbs up on sticking with your dairy free/ soy free diet to keep baby so happy and healthy! He is a lucky little boy to have a mama that loves him so much :)