Friday, April 25, 2014

My Ramona


I always loved the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary. Ramona was so different than I was. Always curious, always rascally, always getting into stuff that seemed fun. God gave me a Ramona of my very own when I gave birth to Lucy.

Lucy came off the bus today with bright pink marker on her eyelids and glitter all over her face. She also had writing all over her arms. I have no explanation for her behavior. She knew that she was going to get fussed at over the whole thing too because she tried to hide her face from me as soon as she walked in the door. How she anticipated keeping it from me forever I will never know.

When I asked her about it she informed me that she didn't realize her friend was writing on her. I informed her that no one can color on your eyelids like that without you being aware. That stumped her but she acknowledged that she did let her friend do it. Oh the fun that I am having with my girl. Who knows what she is going to think up next.

No comments: