Friday, July 20, 2007

VBC-2007


We have just finished a week of VBC at our church. Eric and I both helped and the boys had an awesome time! Andrew got to be in the preschool class for the final time (he will be in the big group next year) and Zane got to hang out with the other little ones in the nursery. As you can tell from the picture I was a helper with the preschoolers and let me tell you, I am exhausted! The kids did great as a whole and we had a lot of fun singing songs and learning about Jesus. Today, the last day of class, the preschool group got up and sang for all the big kids and the mommies and daddies that were helping out. (I think Eric was the only daddy but he counts too!) The kids sang a penguin song and "Oh, how I love Jesus" It was awfully sweet. I don't usually get all mushy and teary but that almost did me in. Anyway, I always know that the week will be fun, exhausting and fulfilling all at the same time and this year was no different. Now just wait until next year when Zane is in the preschool class. Maybe I will be conveniently unable to help in there. God have mercy on his teachers and grant them patience. Although I should state, just to be fair, that he is usually a perfect angel for the people at church. I guess he saves up all his naughtiness for me!

No comments: