Saturday, January 28, 2012

It Doesn't MATCH!!!

Miss Gwen has always had a mind of her own.She is quite particular about what she wears and what is done with her hair.

There is a strong independent streak in my Gwen that just will not quit. I ran into it the other day while I was trying to get her out the door.

I was desperately trying to get her dressed. She decided she wanted to have a bow in her hair. Since her dress was purple-ish and had some pink on it I went for the pink bow. Oh no. She wanted to wear the orange bow.

Absolutely nothing went with the orange bow. Then I tried to convince her to put some shoes on. She sobbed that they didn't match. The color? Pink. Which did match the dress. Apparently she wanted something to match the bow. Could she be more goofy and picky all at the same time?

Of course I was talking to Amanda about all this and her take was that the orange bow was fun and the dress was fun and "fun" and "fun" always match. So really, Gwen wasn't being unreasonable at all.

Someone remind me of all this when she is a teenager. Please.

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

Oh Sam, don't you know, Purple and Orange actually do look good together.