Monday, April 16, 2012

Humbled by His Generosity

Zane is a pretty amazing kid. He has a heart for people that amazes me all the time. I don't know what it is about him but he has been gifted with incredible compassion and generosity. Just the other day we were hanging out and he came up to me, gave me 75 cents, hugged me and told me I was the best mom ever. Ummmmm.... melt my heart a bit!

He is also incredibly generous to people he doesn't know. He will empty his piggy bank for the children's hostel in India our church supports. He also proceeded to give his new cousin Rory 15 cents when he met him because he was just the sweetest baby and he loved him so much. And there is no question in my mind that he knows what money can potentially be used for. There have been plenty of candy bars, pops and toys purchased with his own cash. He fully understands exactly what he is giving up.

There is a lesson or two that I could learn about generosity from my Zane boy. Give from your heart, without restraint and without hesitation. It is a fine character trait and a gift for sure.

No comments: