Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One Year Well Child Check

Mr. Reid went for a checkup this week. He is growing like a weed although not quite as fast as the big boys did.

Height: 30.5" (65%)
Weight: 23 lbs. (47%)

The majority of our doctor appointment was spent talking about the few things I have noticed with Reid. First off, he really isn't talking. He says ma-ma, but I don't know for sure that he is talking to me. He says it when I am around but it doesn't seem like he is calling for me exactly. Second, he is a horrid eater. HORRID. He is by far the pickiest baby I have ever had. He just doesn't want anything to eat with the rest of us. He loves fruit. He adores crackers and the only protein I can get into him is peanut butter. And the occasional McDonald's hamburger. He continues to be milk intolerant and only has a passing interest in coconut milk (which is the supplement I seem to have landed on with him). Third, he had an ear infection. Still. I had taken him into the walk-in-clinic on Friday and he still had a raging ear infection even with antibiotics on board for 5 days. So we ended up switching him to a different medicine. It is possible that this whole ear infection bit may have something to do with his speech. Time will tell I suppose.

No comments: