Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pushing Buttons

Now I know that all kids go through a button pushing stage but I have to admit that it is my least favorite part of the growing up process. Andrew is just past the point. He has come to (and rightly so) the realization that when Eric and I say something we mean it. And not just a little bit! Zane, on the other hand, is just starting to push our buttons to determine the exact same thing. I just wish that you only had to go through this parenting part once and then once you pass it you just get to keep the results for each and every child after. I think of it like a video game (not that I am any expert about video games) you know where once you complete and pass a difficult manuver you can save the game and just start over from that spot again and again until you get it right. I wish it was like that with kids. Oh well, I guess it is for my growth and refinement that I have to redo all the levels as well. And I suppose that the results once you do pass it are well behaved kids who are a joy to take places and do things with. At least thats what I hope the results are!

No comments: