Friday, April 20, 2007

Hiking Adventure

Eric showing Andrew how to catch a fish with worms.



Zane in a rare moment of happiness. (He wanted to go in the water)


Fisherman Andrew with his gear ready to go!

My two special boys!



Today we made an attempt to go hiking. I had a meeting to go to first thing in the morning so Eric got the kids ready and we went into town as a family. While I was at my meeting the boys went into GI Joes. Unfortunately we forgot about our lunch in the backpack and by the time Eric and the kids got back to the van the lunch was gone courtesy of our fat mouthed dog Calvin. He ate three peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and three packs of peanut butter crackers. Very irritated with the dog.

(Ignore link insanity please)
We decided not to let our day be ruined by a dog though so on we went! Our original plan was to go up to Bear Lake off of Mountain Loop Highway in Granite Falls. We got to the turn off up the very curvey road only to discover that the road was closed half way there. Then, since we were already up that far we thought we might try Boardman Lake but we got scared since the van was bottoming out in snow. So, down, down the mountain we went. (I got a bit nauseous, Eric was driving too fast) We were part way to Big Four (the ice caves) when we just decided to stop and eat at a closed camp site. The kids had fun even though it was not the hike that we had promised them. I suppose we are just anxious for summer and camping. Eric is totally excited, I told him that we could go backpacking camping with the kids this year.

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

I think I see where Andrew gets his cute silly smile... :)