Thursday, April 5, 2007

You look beautiful mommy!

There is a definite bonus to having little boys go shopping with you. I went today to try and find a cute dress (or something) to wear for Easter this year. I took my faithful companions Andrew and Zane with me as I braved the wilds of Ross. After a long search I thought I had found a few likely prospects to try on. Away we went to the try on rooms to see if anything I had selected worked. By the way, I loathe trying on clothes. I like to shop for other people, hate shopping for myself! After getting me, my clothing prospects, purse and two kids in the stall, yes it was a tight squeeze, I tried on article after article of clothing. As I tried on each and every item I got the same response from my dear Andrew. "Mommy, you look beautiful!" he would exclaim, even when I very clearly did not look beautiful with either my ta's hanging out the front or in the skin tight item that just looked bigger on the hanger. I politely thanked him for his opinion and at that moment came to the realization that either he had been very well trained by his dad, unlikely, or that he really did think that I was beautiful, no matter what I was wearing. Either way I will take the complement and the little boy shopping companion anytime I need a self image pick me up because it sure felt nice to hear such sweet things from my little man!

No comments: