Monday, January 25, 2010

Cookies Anyone?

Tonight I made some cookies for the family. I adore the oatmeal scotchies on the butterscotch morsels bag. They are as easy as chocolate chip to make and I tell myself they are better for me because they contain oatmeal. All was going well until I pulled down my recently filled flour bin from the cupboard. As I pulled it down I felt my grip slip and well, I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Calvin found the flour tasty. Although it made it much more difficult to clean up in that spot.

Lucy was moderately traumatized by the mess. She kept looking at the flour and then at me. As though she wanted to deny any part of the mess!

Cooking with Sam: Always an adventure

4 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

That's the Sam I know and adore!

Anonymous said...

I love oatmeal scotchies too! I never make them because I am the ONLY one who will eat them, thus making them much worse for me. BTW, you bake like I do, with flour all over the place.

joanna said...

Or you could just pretend it snowed in your kitchen and it would fun fun! I love those cookies, too, so I would love to hear how you keep them from going flat when you cook them-- mine seem to always go flat.

Little Blessings said...

Too soft of butter? I always cook with Crisco instead of butter and never have a problem. And I swear that no one knows the difference!