Thursday, April 22, 2010

BASEBALL!

Andrew started Coach-Pitch baseball this year. He is really enjoying it. I think T-ball was bit dull for him. He seems to be having a much better time this season. He has really great coaches too which definitely helps.

I took my camera several weeks ago for a game but I never took any pictures. The night that I planned to shoot was super chilly and frankly it was all I could do to not shiver for two hours straight. Tonight was not warm but it was better so I figured that my camera and I could make it!

Andrew has been doing great with hitting this season. I think that is one of the things he disliked about T-ball the most. He prefers to be pitched to. I think he sees the tee as being for babies.

The field we were on tonight was directly facing the sun. It was absolutely brutal for the batters. Most of the kids had to resort to at least one time using the tee rather than hitting it from the coaches pitching. It wasn't a big deal tonight because so many of them had to do it. It certainly makes the games move faster!

Andrew truly loves the defensive portion of baseball. Tonight he got to play catcher and he was very on top of it and aware of what was going on. Several times the ball was hit just into the in-field and he ran out from behind the backstop (the kids stand there for safety reasons), scooped up the ball and made the force out at home. He did a great job! I am thinking we will have many more years of baseball to come!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Andrew looks SO cool! He looks like a pro, at least based on the little experience I have.... I love the action shot!