Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lucy the Flower Girl

Lucy had the distinct honor today of being a flower girl at our friend Karris' wedding.

She was very excited about the pretty princess dress and the necklace and the tiny hair crown that she got to wear. She was not super excited to actually do the walking down the aisle part though. I was nervous about how she would do since she is a wee bit shy in large groups and honestly at rehearsal last night she absolutely refused to walk down the aisle at all without me holding her hand.

At the wedding this morning Eric and I worked with her several times with him at the back and me at the front to coax her down the aisle. During the real ceremony she walked about 4 steps and stopped. Looked around and noticed everyone looking at her and then burst into tears and ran the rest of the way to me. She spent the remainder of the ceremony by my laying on the ground coloring or begging for the M&M's I had promised her for walking down the aisle.

Fortunately Karris didn't seem to mind her lack of proper flower girl behavior.

She was just happy to have a cute little girl be part of her wedding.

The reception was a lot of fun. Lucy got to show off all her princess-ness to her very best buddy Gabe.

They are quite the couple. Best friends and yet they fight like cats and dogs a good portion of the time. Gabe's big sister put rings on them. Don't they look like quite the couple!

I missed Gabe and Lucy dancing together. While the first dance was going on they put their arms around each other and danced their little hearts out for about 30 seconds. Quite adorable. I don't know if Lucy will be a flower girl again. It was quite stressful for me. But I suppose if someone else were to ask I would have to say yes. It is too much fun in the long run!

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

Your so funny Sam.
Part of the fun of any wedding is the unknown of the flower girl and ring barer.
regardless of the outcome, everyone has a soft spot for super adorable kids dressed up in super adorable clothes!
and she has that nailed to a T!