Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Two Little Nurses

So I buggered up my knee. The story involves toe cage pedals and stopping and forgetting and falling. That really isn't the important part of the story though. My two sweet girls had such opposite reactions to my getting hurt. And it is their usual reactions too.


Miss Lucy is my hovering child. She gets right in your face  "You are BLEEDING mommy! You ok mommy? You are having an owie!" And she usually looks two seconds away from crying. She sits next to you. Holds your hand. Hovers. Worries. It is adorable.

Miss Gwen is my down to business child. She gets VERY bossy about your owie. "Mommy, you need a band-aid. Mommy, I get you a band-aid. Mommy, BAND-AID!" Once I convince her I need to get all the gravel out of my boo-boo she is right in the thick of it trying to put the band-aid on herself. And then the next day, when she notices I have taken the band-aids off, gets very concerned and stern looking and informs me that I need to put one back on my owie.

I am one spoiled mommy with two sweet girls to nurse me back to health.


No comments: