Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Party for Gwen

Miss Gwen celebrated her first birthday today. Officially her birthday is tomorrow but we had to take the convenience of a Sunday to celebrate my super sweet Gwenie-Girl.

Gwen liked opening her presents for awhile. I think the tissue paper was a huge hit!

She wasn't so sure about the bows at first but.....

she soon got over her reluctance and accepted them as a nice new fashion statement.

Eric and I got her the super exciting present of some new princess cups. She tried to drink out of two of them at the same time so I think she liked them. Now to just keep Lucy away from them for the most part! At least until Gwen has gotten first crack!

Me and my sweet Gwen

I forgot to buy birthday candles. I usually have a whole bunch laying around the house. Apparently I used the last of them for Andrew's birthday. They will a necessary purchase in the next week or so. Gotta get ready for Zane's birthday. Fortunately a tea light candle worked just fine.

Singing to my girl

What on earth is mommy feeding me???

Mmmmmmmmm....... tasty!

Such a dainty eater. She really only had a few bite before she tried to throw it on the floor. Crazy kid. It was really good carrot cake too!

2 comments:

Amber said...

happy birthday Gwen!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! She is just too cute!