Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Big Boy Zane

Zane is a constant source of amazement and wonder for me. Some day I would love to know exactly how his brain processes stuff and makes decisions because in my estimation it is totally and completely backward and illogical.


I have known that Andrew going to school and the girl taking naps has given me a wonderful chunk of time to spend with my sweet boy. He and I both look forward to our post-lunch workbook/reading/puzzle working time a lot. I think it just fills up a need to bask in each others attention. In fact during the summer we both really, really miss it. Spending time together just the two of us wards off countless temper tantrums and fits. It is a really good thing for everyone.


Right now we are currently working through a whole bunch of preschool workbooks that Zane got for his birthday. He loves learning and is incredibly smart. My hope is by the end of the year to have him close to reading. Right now we are just focusing on letter sounds and a bit on handwriting. As we work through the books though I can see that we made the absolutely correct choice to have him stay home for another year before kindergarten. He just simply needs to make up his mind that he is ready for school and then he will be a superstar. In fact all last year he sobbed that he didn't want to go to school. Now that Andrew has returned to class Zane is starting to say that he wants to go to kindergarten. Once he makes up his mind the hard part is over. Just getting him to that point is what seems to take FOREVER!!!

No comments: