Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

Christmas morning at our house does not officially start until 6:00. However, that does not stop little eyes from opening up at 4:00 and being noisy enough to wake me up! I suppose that it is just part of the fun. We started the morning with the end of Bartholomew's Passage, the advent story we have been reading all month. Then we ate some yummy cinnamon roll for breakfast and finally, FINALLY it was time for presents.

I asked Gwen if she wanted to sit with me. She told me quite emphatically "NO, Daddy". And then walked over to Eric and plunked down with him. No problem. It gave me time to get some photos this year!

Zane got several Thomas things. It is the only thing that he hinted at and so we caved and got him more stuff. This year it was the electronic trains. He got a set of search and rescue cars from Lucy and a new Spencer train from Eric and I. He was pretty thrilled.

Gwen got lots of different things but hands down her favorite thing seems to be her new gloves. Who would have ever guessed that gloves would beat out toys?

Andrew was over the moon thrilled with his new Wii game. He has been playing a Lego Star Wars game on the computer and I thought maybe he would enjoy it on the Wii as well. Since he and Zane have been playing it all morning I have a feeling I guessed correctly.


Lucy got several princess items. It is cute to watch her be so involved and curious about all the different characters.

The kids also got two movies for Christmas this year. The boys got Toy Story 3.

And the girls got Beauty and the Beast. It is sad how few princess movies I actually have. Most are on VHS and since my one and only working VHS player is not in a room that they hang out in they have not really seen many of the movies.

Somehow I think we will be watching Beauty and the Beast a LOT.

Once all the present insanity was finished the boys tromped downstairs to play Andrew's new Wii game and the girls snuggled up with Eric to watch tv. It was about as perfect of a Christmas morning as I could have asked for.

No comments: