Thursday, December 9, 2010

There Once was a Girl.....


Miss Gwen is the possessor of quite the temper. She can be sweet as sugar most of the time but when there is something that she wants she will let you know in a hurry. Today as we were leaving church one of the ladies offered the kids a cupcake. It was very nice and both Lucy and Zane seemed to understand quite readily that the treats were for after lunch. Gwen somehow did not get it. So began the largest tantrum I have seen her throw. She walked out to the car with me (only because I had the cupcake in my hand I am sure) but as I tried to put her in her seat she proceeded to arch her back until it was practically a half circle. She screamed and screamed and screamed. I finally managed to get her buckled and the van started. Gwen then screamed the entire way home. At the top of her lungs.

Once we finally walked in the door it was round 2. Not that she had ever stopped screaming. The intensity level just ramped up. I finally wrestled her into her chair and cut her up a pear to eat for some lunch. She continued to sit sobbing for the next 15 minutes. Pointing and gesturing at the cupcakes. I made everyone else lunch and we all sat down. Finally Gwen got the drift and ate her lunch. As soon as she was done she got her cupcake. They all seem to go through this stage but man is she tenacious! It is almost enough to rival Zane.

No comments: