Monday, February 6, 2012

So Different

Both boys were given the task of making a Valentine's Day box to hold their class valentines. I am always so intrigued to see what they come up with as a project.

I don't have a lot of craft stuff laying around the house. So we headed off to the dollar store to get some inexpensive decoration ideas. While we were there I saw these pre-made mailboxes. They even had a slot for the valentines to fit through.

I offered to get one for both boys. Zane instantly accepted the offer (even though he had previously had some ideas about how he was going to make his box) and we got some sticker sheets so he could decorate.

Andrew turned down the offer for the box. He is determined to make a holder from scratch. In his defense, he LOVES to craft. I would have never thought my type A little man would love to be so creative but he is.

Andrew's plan is to make a Valentine's Day Piggie Bank to hold all his valentines. He has come up with the entire idea and other than the wrapping paper (which we bought) we had all the necessary items laying around the house.

I am very excited to see how this craft turns out. It just amazes me what he comes up with sometimes. And it also amazes me the length of time that he will spend on these projects. Andrew will take HOURS to complete a craft. Zane usually works and then is done minutes later. But if it comes to imagination driven things, like a story to tell or a pretend/play game, Andrew is usually in the weeds and Zane flourishes.

Two boys. So different. So wonderful in opposite ways.

No comments: