Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Zane!


Seven years ago I was very pregnant. I was measuring huge. 44 weeks when I was only a measly 39 weeks pregnant. Let's just say I was uncomfortable and leave it at that. Zane has always been a busy baby. And a strong one. I very clearly remember him kicking so hard at 14 weeks pregnant that it made my tummy jump. Eric even saw it moving, it really wasn't a hallucination of a crazy pregnant lady. In general I had an easy pregnancy with Zane. Very mellow. I was only sick for the typical amount of time. I CRAVED dairy and meat, no surprise when we discovered we were having a boy at all. In fact the ultrasound tech pointed out the gender on the screen and said, "What do we have mom?" Very obviously all boy there.

So at 39 weeks pregnant when they offered to induced me due to large baby size I was thrilled. I never made it to my induction though. The day after my appointment I felt off. No other way to describe it. I was tired, sluggish. I laid down for a nap when Andrew laid down and slept for a few hours. When I woke up I realized I was having contractions. After about an hour they were stronger and closer together and so we dropped Andrew off at Grandma Alice's house and Grandpa Gene's and headed in to the hospital.

We arrived and I was checked out, 5 and a half cm and then oops! Water broke. After a solid hour of trying to get my IV in I finally was admitted to a room. GBS positive but it was 6pm by the time we got the meds started. Got the epidural in the hopes it would slow labor down but no dice. By 8pm I was pushing and at 8:09pm Zane Elliot made his arrival. 9lbs 10 oz. 20.5" long and absolutely perfect.

It is hard to believe that my sweet baby boy is already seven. Time goes so quickly. Happy birthday sweet Zane.

No comments: