Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Cookies


I think I managed to avoid baking sugar cookies to frost completely last year. I usually take pictures of it when I do and I cannot for the life of me find any. So it was very fitting that we made some this year and everyone got in on the decorating action. Reid was intrigued and amazed at the sprinkles.


My game plan with little ones like Reid are to give them one cookie to decorate while the rest of the family takes care of the remainder. That way if they just eat the cookie it is no big deal. Reid thought it was a stellar plan as well.


The kids decorated in teams this year. I didn't buy the large variety of sprinkles so they were stuck with the one type of fall color sprinkles I had. Two bowls. Two kids per bowl. And a tiny little bowl for the Reid boy, so he didn't feel left out.


I think Zane thought it was a race to get the most cookies decorated. He certainly was driving Lucy to decorate at the speed of light. Zane has been so excited to do this project though. I was glad that we ended up getting to it this year.


Decorating one batch of cookies takes no time at all when you have a lot of happy hands to help. The finished product will be enjoyed for several weeks to come!


No comments: