Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Thanksgiving Feast: Kinder Style


I went to help at Lucy's kindergarten Thanksgiving feast today. It was a lot of fun and she was SO excited to have me there helping. I got an e-mail from her teacher yesterday saying that she had talked about me coming to her class all day yesterday. Showing up is kinda a big deal for her.


I worked at the bead necklace station which was chaos but a lot of fun. The time went quickly and then the kids settled down for a feast! All the kids had contributed veggies to the soup yesterday and the teachers cooked it over night. It was piping hot and super tasty! Added to that was a cookie decorated to look like a turkey, some rolls and crackers and hand shaken butter. It was quite the spread. Lucy was a Native American for the feast. The kids got to choose whether they wanted to be a Native American or a pilgrim.


No comments: