Monday, May 28, 2007

Grandma Africa

We have a new friend living at our house these days. Her name is Grandma Africa and she is Andrew's imaginary friend. Grandma Africa has been in the wings for about a month now in the form that Andrew would say he and his grandma had done something or other but Eric and I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. Finally it dawned on me that this grandma (who he claims lives in Africa) must be an imaginary friend. It is awfully cute though. Two days ago we were eating breakfast and Andrew told me that he was going to make a coconut pie for me; his grandma from Africa had taught him how. So far, no pie has materialized!

I think that it is a tribute to Andrew's two real grandmas that his imaginary friend has taken a grandma form. It just seems like Grandma Africa always has fun ideas and is teaching him how to do stuff. Much like his two real life grandmas do. They always let him help with dinner or whatever else they are cooking when we are at their house so that must be where he is getting the ideas from. So far grandma doesn't need her own plate or place to sit. She is more just the idea tank for fun projects. TOO CUTE!

We have asked Andrew what she looks like and here is his description: Grandma Africa is tall, really tall, taller than daddy but with a funny little body. She has blue and red hair with glitter and a big tummy that is squishy and comfy. She also has big stompy feet and a baby in her tummy that is going to come out in January after our baby comes out of his mommy's tummy in January. (By the way, we are going to have another baby in January, I will post ultra sound pictures when I get some next month!)

Now you all know about Grandma Africa, she is a character but lots of fun. So if something a little random comes out about a grandma just know that it is probably Grandma Africa he is referring to.

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

I love that he has an imaginary friend. You should keep track of all the stories for him so when he is old like me and wants to remember or hear stories about her, they are available. I had one but I only remember how I killed her off and my parents don't remember any of the stories, just the fact that I had one and she was around a lot!