Thursday, November 22, 2007

Smoke Detector Frustrations

As a general rule I appreciate all that smoke detectors do for us. They go off in case of a fire and generally help keep us safe. However! I do not appreciate that fact that the smoke detectors in my house are hard wired into the wall with a battery back up. Let me explain.

For the last 2 weeks the smoke detector in the boys bedroom has been beeping (as though the battery were dying). We kept hearing it in the morning, like 5:00 am, but couldn't figure out what it was. Well, we finally figured it out! Unfortunately, it wasn't the one in our room that decided to go first and it has been waking my kids up at the crack of dawn (or as Andrew says it the "crocidile"). What I find so aggrevating is that it was only beeping in the morning. If it had been doing it all day they I would have noticed and dealt with the problem weeks ago!


Of course the morning that this happened also had to be on the morning after the kids stayed up to watch a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and were totally exhausted. Let's just say, tired and cranky abounded and I am not just talking about the kids. Eric and I were at each other all day too!


Maybe since it is Thanksgiving today (have a great one all my blog friends!) I will just have to purposely be thankful for smoke detectors! That will be my mission of the day!

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

Gotta love those things. Ours is directly above our stove. Which our thermostat is also directly above our stove. So either the alarm is going off when we cook or the heater turns off because it thinks it is hotter then it is JOY!
Regarding why I don't have any pictures of the two of us.. For whatever reason we never had a picture of us together from the Academy. :(