Thursday, November 1, 2007

Frog and Monkey


Well, Halloween has gone and the overwhelming load of candy has come. My two little guys had a ton of fun dressing up for trick or treatingand the church harvest carnival and they made out like bandits. Our neighborhood is overrun with kids on halloween due to the fact that we live in a well lit neighborhood with lots of houses very close together. Perfect for this activity (also perfect for solicitation, you wouldn't believe how many "No Solicitation" signs I saw!) so many people bring their kids from less desirable neighborhoods to ours. I didn't hand out any candy, we trick or treated and then went to the harvest carnival at our church, where the kids also got an absurd amount of candy. If I had to guess I would say the average house in our neighborhood got around 200 kids. I am not exagerating! Eric had to work but one of these years he will be home to do the honors of running these little ones around the neighborhood. I can't wait for the help because by the end of the night I was holding two little boys bags, cupcakes (from the carnival) and part of thier costumes because they were tired and hot. It was fun but exhausting! I am glad that it only comes around once a year!

No comments: