Friday, July 2, 2010

Birthday Bowling

Ever since we went to a friends birthday party at a bowling alley Andrew has been itching to go for his party. We decided that a family trip to the bowling alley would be a wonderful way to celebrate, so off we went to Evergreen Lanes this afternoon.

Fortunately the alley was almost deserted. Plus it is so nice now that there is no smoking in bowling alleys! Andrew was extremely excited. Eric and I decided that one game would be plenty. Attention spans seem to die out after the first one.

Zane was determined to actually throw the ball down the alley today. He was a wee bit wild with the swing and almost threw the ball in the other lane once but all in all he did really well.

Lucy and I were playing on a team. Lucy managed to even get a strike! We bowled grandma style when it was her turn and then I would bowl the second ball of the frame. Win-Win in my book!

Lucy also almost got whacked in the head with a ball. She is a quick little bugger and thought that it was super interesting to be right with me when I was bowling.

Gwen was mighty curious about the ball return.

She was even Eric's partner in bowling for about two frames. They didn't do so good with her rolling the ball so Eric ditched her and bowled alone for the rest of the game. Gwen didn't seem to mind too much.

Although she was quite proud of herself for rolling it!

Practically a bowling team of our own!

The final score. Eric won but Lucy and I came in a mean second! Andrew didn't do so bad himself!

2 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

you guys bowl better then I do. You had bumpers didn't you ;P

Little Blessings said...

Yep. And Eric and I used them shamelessly!