Sunday, July 18, 2010

Girl Time and Walking

Today Eric took the boys camping. Lucy, Gwen and I are having a super fun girls night. Of course we got home from church crazy late so the boys took off later than expected and the girls napped all afternoon but a fun evening it shall be.

Lucy keeps asking for the boys and Eric. I am guessing she will be just fine until tomorrow though. I am getting lots of snuggle time in with her.

This afternoon at church Miss Gwendalyn took her first steps. And by steps I mean STEPS! She was standing by a doorway and I was sitting in a chair and the next thing I see is her walking toward me. She took about 8 steps!!! None of this one or two step business for her! She's got siblings to keep up with.

I wondered if she was close last night because she was standing, then squatted down and stood back up without touching anything. However I did not expect her to start with 8 steps. I guess she has been steady enough to do it for awhile and just didn't have the guts. I wonder how long it will be until she starts running!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hurray for Gwen! I love when they walk because then they aren't on the ground all the time. I found he wasn't nearly as filthy and he didn't put as much crud in his mouth once he was up on 2 feet! She looks so sweet in these pictures...