Thursday, July 15, 2010

Coloring Insanity!

Lucy has been enjoying coloring a LOT these days. And finally, FINALLY it is on coloring books rather than her arms!

Often we will find her in the morning sitting at the kitchen counter with a marker and a coloring book.

I personally love it that she enjoys the color wonder markers. I really don't mind if she colors in the living room then! My couches! My walls! Ahhhhh.... they are all safe.

I can't say that she is super great about being in the lines yet but she is having a marvelous time practicing. Often she will find one thing, usually the eyes, and do a decent job coloring them specifically.

It is such a girly thing to be into! I am LOVING IT!

3 comments:

joanna said...

We LOVE the color wonder books, too. I don't really recommend the paint ones though, they are really gunky and make a big mess -- which is kind of against the whole purpose of color wonder, in my opinion(i think they are fingerpaints). Glad to hear she enjoys it -- she certainly loved the craft yesterday where they glued the circles on fish, Gabe loved it too. The end products were so cute, I wanted to save the fish for the black bulletin board in the preschool room but the kids were very excited to bring them home.

Little Blessings said...

That would have been adorable in the preschool room! Maybe we will have to acquire some extra ones and have them do them on Sunday.

Ms. Leigh said...

maybe Booker and Lucy can color together! Or color eachother!
Booker is into coloring too