Friday, February 11, 2011

Brothers


It feels like a long time since I have posted about the boys so I thought I should remedy that this afternoon! Andrew and Zane are buddies. Don't get me wrong, they fight like cats and dogs periodically but they for the most part are friends. I feel so blessed that the fighting they do is generally resolved without a lot of physical force. And by force I mean they don't punch or kick each other very often. I can tell that Zane really looks up to Andrew most of the time. And for the most part Andrew sets a really good example of what to do and not do. Their personalities are very different from each other but I suppose that is an ok thing. I always have wanted my kids to be friends and I really hope this carries through the teen years.

Part of the connection right now is Zane's interest in school. He is starting to get super excited about kindergarten and with that excitement comes nervousness about the changes and new experiences. Riding the bus, going to class, having recess, it is all new and thrilling to Zane but the reality is a bit scary too. And he is unsure in new situations. I am very thankful that Andrew will take him under his wing though and show him the ropes with all the activities. Andrew has already shown that he will do that with different activities at church. I expect school to be no different.

It will be fascinating to see how all this morphs when we have this new little brother. I can only imagine how much he is going to look up to Andrew and Zane when he is big enough to realize they are older and cooler. So much fun is laying ahead of us. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I remember being very jealous of my sister going off to school every day. I think it's so cute that Zane is excited to start. I can't wait to see how the newest Werner fits into the mix! We are so close now Mama!