Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Adjusting

Cutting Lucy's hair has been a definite change for us. I am not fighting with her daily over hair brushing. Washing is a breeze and no de-tangler is needed after a bath. I am starting to get used to her with shorter hair. Don't get me wrong, I miss her long hair and I wish we could have kept it but the fights were just not worth it.


Lucy has mixed emotions over her hair. At the start she really seemed to like it. If you ask her now (like I just did) she will tell you that she doesn't like it and preferred the fight over the hair brushing. SIGH I don't really buy it though. I think the main problem is the reactions of other people. Even though it looks cute we all are still not reacting super well. Hopefully by the time it grows out a bit more she will be past this anti-brushing stance. Then we can go back to pigtails and braids and all kinds of fun hair things.


No comments: