Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

 When your mantle looks like this Christmas morning, there is sure to be chaos on the horizon.

I cheerfully put the camera away during most of Christmas. I want to be able to really watch the kids as they open gifts and react to what they got. Something that tends to get missed when I am too busy worrying about whether or not I got a good picture or whether someone had a weird look or shut eyes.

 So most of my photos are either before presents or after presents were all done. The kiddos woke up around 6:30 this morning. Although I must say that I heard boys playing BeyBlades at 4:55 and informed them to put them away and go back to sleep.

 It must have worked because Andrew didn't come out of his room until after 6 which was the earliest I told them they could wake us up.

 This year we opened stockings while our big cinnamon roll was cooking and then had breakfast and read the end of Tabitha's Travels. If you are interested in a fun Christmas/Advent tradition I highly recommend it.

 They boys were surprised this year with Nintendo DS systems. Both were thrilled and immediately sat down to play them. After a bit of a struggle to get Zane's to work they finally both got to play. It was silence from them for quite awhile.

 They girls got some Melissa and Doug dolls that they have had a lot of fun with. I'm not going to lie. I pretty much love these dolls as well. Such a great version of the classic paper doll.

 Reid had a great first Christmas as well. He seemed overwhelmed and amazed at the flurry of activity that was surrounding him. And in true Reid fashion he jumped right in the middle of it.

The boys and Eric all got headlamps for a present. Let me tell you, that was the best $2.49 I ever spent. Even Gwen got in the action and wore Eric's around almost all morning long. It has been a wonderful and full Christmas this year. My heart is full.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love it! I love the headlamp on Gwen! Looks like a very Merry Christmas was had by all...