Saturday, December 6, 2008

Building a Gingerbread House

Yesterday we got the boys their annual gingerbread house to put together (thank you Costco!). We ended up not having enough time to build it and decorate it last night so Eric put it together with the boys and then this morning they got to put all the candy on.

I think this may be one of their very favorite things to do during the Christmas season. They always look forward to it and Andrew starts asking about it from the minute he sees the houses at the stores.

The boys and the final product.


I don't know how it is going to go next year. Lucy will be able to help a bit and it should be interesting to see if fighting breaks out. This year she didn't seem to be interested at all. She was just as happy to play on the ground and watch Eric and I race around. Now the fun part begins, eating the candy!

5 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

That is one of my favorite things to do too! The house looks good. Did they have their own sides again? I liked your photo's from last year that showed each individuals contributions. I love the second photo... they look like such pals. AND I love that someone is vacuuming in the background

Little Blessings said...

Eric is the vacuuming one! They had their own sides again. I don't know what I will do next year with Lucy but I suppose her attention span will not be terribly long yet so maybe I won't worry about it!

Kelly said...

They are relatively cheap, someday you can do one for the boys, one for the girls! Very cute! I love the kit at costco. I will be doing one myself soon. The boys look so cute, I love how Zane is topless. Is he one of those kids who hates clothes?

Little Blessings said...

Zane hates clothes and right now with the whole big boy unders thing he seems to hate them even more. I don't mind other than I think he is cold. I am freezing constantly and I am always fully dressed :)

Anonymous said...

I love how Zane is sticking his tongue out in the first pic. Kind of like "I can taste it already".