Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Stairclimbing and a Whale Spout!

So this week Lucy has achieved a new milestone. Climbing up the stairs. Frankly it has shocked me at how long it took her to get up the guts to try it. But now she feels brave enough and is off to the races. And let me tell you, she is fast. If the boys run upstairs you can almost guarantee that she will be after them. There is not place safe from a little sissy these days! Also last night while I was nursing Lucy before bed I was playing with her hair just wishing that I could put it in some type of pony/piggy tail configuration. (One of my favorite things to do and one of the reasons I was so excited to have a little girl!) I have always tried when her hair is dry and it just slips and slides everywhere. Well last night I had washed her hair and lo and behold if it wasn't long enough to bunch together when it was wet! I immediately decided that today would be the day for Lucy's first real hairdo. I have been dying for this day!


So here is photo of Lucy's first hairdo. I tried to get a picture where you can actually see her but her hair is pretty light and it is kinda hard to tell. You can see it against the stark whiteness of the snow though outside. It was funny, I don't know who was more excited for her hair me or Andrew. He is very opinionated about girls having long hair. It just cracks me up because I honestly don't know where he gets it from. Eric isn't really that way at all.

3 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

she looks like a Who!

Little Blessings said...

Indeed she does.

Kelly said...

That was my first thought too! So cute!