Monday, March 7, 2011

My Baby Ragamuffin


It is well known at our house that Eric and I hate co-sleeping with our kiddos. Loathe it, would not even be too strong of a word. The end result is a sleeping kiddo and two awake adults. Not great results if you ask either of us. Last night though Gwen climbed into bed with us and after about three trips back to her own bed Eric let her stay and snuggle in with us for the rest of the night. I haven't fully dissected his reasoning for allowing it to happen. Here is my logic though. My Gwen is only going to be my baby for a few weeks longer. And then she is going to relinquish her position to a baby brother that she has no way of comprehending. As she was snuggled in so nicely at 3:45 this morning I couldn't help but feel slightly nostalgic and sad for her exit as my baby. Gwen has been such a fun baby. So sweet and lovey all the time. So I sucked it up and embraced it. Although I do have to say when she fell asleep I tried to move her back to her own bed only to have her back in mine about 15 minutes later. Oh well. I wasn't sleeping that great anyway.

No comments: