Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How to Make a Clay Sloth: by Andrew

Andrew got his paper back for his sloth project and I wanted to share it with you all. Mostly because I am going to throw the actual paper away and it is just too cute to get rid of without saving it in some way. Man I love my scanner and blog!






I know it can be kinda hard to read so here it is retyped by me! Spelling, punctuation and capitalization as written.

How to Make a Clay Sloth
By Andrew Werner

Making a clay sloth can be difficult. Right now I'll tell you how I made mine. First my mom bought Crayola air-dry clay. Next I got my hands damp and massaged the clay. Then I molded a body, head and four legs. Well a couple of days later a foot fell off. We were going to superglue it on, then it disappeared. Good we had extra clay! Before the foot fell off we used toothpicks for claws. Remember this is before! Now this is where the painting came. Color number one is tan. Tan is the coat. I did dark brown for patches. The next color I didn't agree with my mom but I did it. It was Antique White and that was for the mask. Before the dark brown and the Antique White was on, the head fell off, I started to cry. My dad screwed a toothpick in the head and the neck and dropped superglue on both. Accidentally my dad superglued his index finger and thumb together. Our friend put nail polish remover on a Q-tip, slid it around and poof the superglue was gone. The next day I made eyes and a nose with a sharpie. It's pretty easy from here all you do is slide the sloth on if you are doing a project like me. That is how I made my sloth.

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

I LOVE ANDREW!
Adorable