Monday, May 9, 2011

Taking Care of Business

Lucy has been quite a pill today. She doesn't feel terribly well and has been running a fever most of the day. Not that it excuses what she did but just thought I would mention it. The kids were having a snack today and Lucy grabbed Gwen's milk cup (hers was in the fridge) and started to drink it. Gwen understandably flipped out and went to grab it.

This resulted in Lucy running and Gwen chasing her into the living room. I told Lucy to give Gwen back the cup. Lucy did return it. By slamming it on Gwen's head. I got after Lucy, made her say sorry to Gwen and give her a hug. Lucy headed back to the table and I snuggled with Gwen for a bit. She calmed down and wandered off.

The next thing I know Lucy is screaming her head off at the table with Gwen right next to her. Gwen had decided to take matters into her own hands and took a chomp out of Lucy. Apparently my scolding Lucy was insufficient in Gwen's mind. At least I am pretty confident that no one is going to push Gwen around in this house. She can hold her own.

No comments: