Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Something That Works


Reid is not fond of the swing. At least not the swing that we have. There is a swing at the gym that moves in a gliding motion that apparently he absolutely loves. Great for the gym childcare workers and I suppose great for me since I am getting a full workout most days, but not great for being at home. The other day it finally dawned on me that we should maybe try the vibrating seat with Reid. Possibly he may like that. Much to my surprise Reid does enjoy it and will sit quite contentedly while I am able to get some stuff done. It has been nice to find some stuff that works with him since he has been so cranky for so long.

I am also seeing an improvement in Reid's sleep the last few days. Ever since he was born something has been off in his little world. First I was making him miserable with all the dairy. Then Gwen decided to share her cold with him and get him sick. Now the cold seems to be clearing up and as it does we are seeing a whole new side of Reid's personality. Yesterday I even nursed him and then put him down drowsy but awake in his crib and he fell asleep on his own. I love it when they start associating their crib with sleep. It really is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Tamika said...

YAY! Something that works! :) I love it when I have moments of success!

Just thought of something when I read that you put him down awake and he fell asleep on his own - have you heard of the 90 minute Sleep Cycle? Its a book that talks about how we are receptive to sleep every 90min - babies more so than adults. If you catch them right at the 90min they will fall asleep without fuss. http://www.pollymoore.com/ It was my LIFESAVER with my twins. I wish I'd found it with my older 3!