Wednesday, July 6, 2011

An Eye Appointment for Two


I took Andrew and Zane in to get their eyes checked today. It had been awhile since Andrew had his eyes examined and I felt he was due. The trip was prompted though by a comment Zane's Sunday school teacher made to Eric. She felt he was having trouble seeing the board in class. So off we went to get the skinny on both boys.

Andrew went in to the checkup first. He came out quite quickly and the doctor said that his eyes looked good for now but it was quite probable that Andrew will need glasses in the future. There is no real prediction on when. Just that it will more than likely happen.

Then Zane headed back. Almost instantly the doctor came back out to ask me if Zane had ever worn glasses. I said no and thought to myself "this can't be good" After quite a LONG time the doctor and Zane returned. Apparently Zane's eye sight is "horrible" He has a -3.0 in one eye and -3.5 in the other. Plus a very strong astigmatism. He is going to need to wear them from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to bed. We ordered glasses (which come with a break them and we replace them guarantee) and they will be here in about 2-3 weeks

I feel bad that I didn't catch it earlier. I knew he was sitting close to the tv when he was watching it or playing Wii, but I thought that he just liked to lay on the floor by the tv. SIGH, At least it has been caught now. Poor little man. I feel bad that he has been so blind for so long. He isn't going to know what hit him when he can finally see!

3 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

wow, that is crazy, did he have issues with the books he is reading?

Little Blessings said...

Nope. He is fine with the close up stuff. Just the far away is a problem.

Amber said...

The good news is that he wont really know what he missed until the problem is fixed! Tell him boys are so handsome in glasses, I miss Doc's since his surgery.