Monday, July 11, 2011

Tree Climbing

To say we are a cautious group would probably be an understatement. I think it is odd to a lot of people that my boys have never really climbed trees. Lucy is much more daring than both boys put together, although Zane's blindness could have something to do with it too I suppose. Anyway, we have a tree in our yard that is just about perfect for climbing and today Lucy was hanging on one of the low branches and I told her she could climb up it if she wanted. The kiddos took it from there and did a great job.

Andrew climbed the highest up. He could have gone higher but for his first trip up a tree he did great.

Zane was very cautious but like I mentioned earlier, I think his vision plays a huge role in what he is willing to try. He has been up and down in the tree several times and I think he is going to get more and more daring as he gets comfortable.

Lucy is the most daring and willing to try new things like this but she did not go terribly high up. Short legs have a lot to do with it. I can only imagine how high up she would go if her legs were longer though. I may be very sorry I encouraged this...

No comments: