Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Andrew's Pencil of Power

When kids at Andrew's school get recognized for outstanding work in writing they earn something called a Pencil of Power. Andrew was recognized this last month for his story. I have retyped the story below, spelling and punctuation as written.


On one cold night it started snowing lightly. It took an hour and a half to go to sleep because I was tangling with exitment! When I woke up it looked like there was a blizerd last night! I scurryed down my breakfast and put on my snow gear and out I went in a flash.

First I rolled a large snowball then a medium ball and a small ball. Then I planted my large ball and picked up my medium ball and placed it on the large one and pated it down. Finaly I picked up my small ball and placed it on the medium ball and patted it down. I then placed extra snow around the bottem of each ball and your done with the body.

Next I gathered some old materials. They were: half a banana, two brooms, three buttons, sunglasses and five toothpicks. Then I took all my materials outside and it took many trip.

Then I put on half the banana point up for the nose. Then I put on the sunglasses and five toothpicks into a smile. Then I put the buttons in a row and placed the two brooms in the medium ball pointing up. Finily I stood back to examine my work then I named it Bob.

Finily I felt like the snowman myself in my wet mittens and damp shoes. I went inside and made some hot chocolate and drank it down fast! Next I took a warm bath. Last I ate my diner and went to bed feeling good about my snowman.

His teacher's comments were: WOW! You did an amazing five paragraph essay! Outstanding organization and details!

I have to agree.

2 comments:

Amber said...

"I felt like a snowman myself" very impressive.

Kelly said...

Love it! He is so descriptive, and I love how he has such a sense of humor in his writing at such a young age...