Monday, March 26, 2012

OH MY

Eric and I got a brand new mattress today (YIPPEE!!!) and we needed to clean out our room and move our old mattress set downstairs for a few days until the new one can be used. (Memory foam, needs to expand) So the kids were being very helpful with cleaning up our room and moving our stuff to the bonus room where Eric and I will be sleeping for the next night or two. All this of course was happening at dinner time and the timer went off for something in the oven. Eric suggested that I run and take the stuff out of the oven and then I heard it. As I walked out of the room I heard Andrew say, "This is man work "And it wasn't said in a questioning way. More in a macho egotistical type of way.

Where does he get this stuff? Eric is certainly not the type to tell me that I can't do something if I want to and frankly, I am pretty stinking strong for a girl. So where Andrew has got this notion that some stuff is "man work" I will never know.

He wants man work? I'll show him some man work...

No comments: