Monday, October 28, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge: Part 2


 The slides at Great Wolf Lodge held our families interest pretty much the entire time. The kids are absolute fish and they can and will spend hours in the water if given the opportunity.


 Ollie was not terribly fond of the water. He didn't like the spraying or the splashing or even sitting in the water on my lap. So he quickly got changed back into clothing and took a nap. The rest of the crew had a marvelous time though.


 Andrew and Zane were big enough to go on all the water slides and by themselves. It was wonderful to just tell them to stick together and have fun. They spent most of their time either in the wave pool or on the big kid slides. Eric rode with them a lot and I even tried every single slide in the park. This was a huge deal for me. I really am not a huge fan of slides but I had a great time on the majority of them.


 The girls were big enough to go on all but the biggest slide, as long as they were with an adult. Gwen was just barely big enough but I was so glad that she ended up getting to try them. She had a lot of fun and went down several times with me and Eric. Lucy loved the big slides and is so funny while riding them. She giggles this nervous giggle and squeaks. It cracked me up. But she was grinning ear to ear when she got done.


Reid had a wonderful time in the kiddie pool. He spent almost the entire day  going down the tiny slides and playing in the baby area. It was completely fine with me. The girls stayed with him almost the whole time as well and since they were not in deep water at all I felt really good about them not wearing life jackets. So they were thrilled and I felt comfortable with watching them from the side most of the time and letting the lifeguards do their job. Reid did clear the kiddie pool with a poopy diaper on the second day. The sad thing is that we didn't even notice that it was him. I took Ollie into the bathroom to change his diaper and decided to check Reid while I was there. Sure enough Reid was the culprit. Oops. It was a great time and we had a lot of fun. The kids are already asking when we can go back. I guess that trip was a winner!



No comments: