Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another Mom of the Year Moment

Or could be titled "Could Eric and I be any Cheaper?" So yesterday was a swimming day. The kids were excited and ready to go. We stopped by Eric's parents place to see them, they just had gotten home from a trip. We drive all the way into Everett to the pool. Everyone gets unbuckled. Then and only then do we realize WE HAD NOT THE SWIM BAG. Which meant that we had no swimsuits or towels. Andrew started to cry and I was incredibly frustrated. I hate it when we spend money on something and are unable to use it. Plus, it is the kids responsibility to put the bag in the car. (Eric and I try to help remind them but it is their job) So now the dilemma starts. Do we just go home? Do we buy new stuff from the pool? We didn't have time to run home grab the stuff and make it back. Lessons would be over by then. So I made the only choice I felt I could. I went and asked the people at the pool if they had any options for brain-dead parents who forget stuff. Lo and behold they did! And their solution is called Lost and Found. So in a moment of cheap insanity I put Andrew is some strange kids too big swimsuit from the lost and found and let Zane just swim in a swim diaper that was hanging out in the van (which was a good thing since they had no other small swimsuits in the lost and found) Andrew had a small fit because there were no goggles for him to wear but Eric and I told him that he would either live with it or not swim at all. He chose to swim and he had a marvelous time. (although he kept having to yank up his swimsuit) I felt pretty stupid though. Although I guess I am probably not the first one to resort to lost and found stuff. Man, if that doesn't qualify me for "Mom of the Year" then I don't know what will. Oh and by "Mom of the Year" I mean the most dumb. In case you thought I actually found my plan to be brilliant! LOL

2 comments:

Kelly said...

At least you know the swimsuit was in chlorinated water, so it wasn't ultra germy! I think it was very sensible, I will remember this trick if it ever happens to me!

Little Blessings said...

Hopefully you will have your head screwed on better than me and never have to use the information!