Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Place mats!

So I promised Andrew this year that we would make place mats for Thanksgiving this year. We are going to my mom's house and since the day is drawing very near I decided today was the day to carry through on my promise. While Andrew was in school Zane, Lucy and I went to the craft store to pick up supplies. I decided a sponge painted turkey was not too complicated for me. I even bought some googly eyes to go on them too. Always a hit!

The boys had a ton of fun and I am sure we will be doing this project again. Each boy got to do 4 turkeys and I made one so there wouldn't be any fighting (we needed 9). My artistic skills are slightly lacking but I still think they turned out pretty cute!

Andrew's Favorite


Zane's Favorite

While I was out and about I ran into Albertson's to pick up the sponges for the project. They were giving away these super cute scarecrows for free! I never pass up free and now I can decorate next fall too!

No comments: