Monday, November 3, 2008

Too Smart for His Own Good!

I need to take a quick minute to brag about Andrew. Tonight he was working on one of his homework papers that was patterns. He had a train and he had to color the cars in a pattern. We talked about the pattern and I left him to work. The caboose had spots in it to write Andrew's ____ and _____ train. He colored his red and blue. I told him I would help him with the words when he was done coloring. A few minutes later he proudly announces "I'm done!" so I said "go get a pen and I will help you with the letters". He then informed me he didn't need help. He had ALREADY WRITTEN THEM! He spelled red correctly and blue "bloo" because two o's make and ooh sound (technically correct in some words). I didn't have the heart to correct him, plus his teacher said the fact that they try to spell it and are listening to the sounds is more important than the correct spelling at this point. Anyway, I asked him how he knew what letters to use and he told me that he just looked inside his brain and thats how they were spelled. CRAZY! I will have a reader/writer in no time at all!

3 comments:

Chris and Mandy said...

That is SO cute! He needs to start spelling his name Androo. I can't believe you and Eric didn't spell his name like that in the first place. Uncreative parents, geez.

Hey I heard Eric's going to Ocean sector!

Little Blessings said...

Tonight was his first night. I teased him because he is Ocean 33. Which is about as close to Sam sector as you can get. We wouldn't want to move too far out of our comfort zone!

Kelly said...

That is SO cute! I love the "I looked inside my brain" line. You need to put it in his baby book. He is so smart!