Wednesday, July 8, 2009

36 Week Checkup

Just a quick update on the newest little blessing to join our family. I am officially 36 weeks pregnant now which means that they will let me go into labor and deliver any time from now on. Sounds perfect to me! I don't have much hope for at least another 3 weeks though so don't go holding your breath. At my appointment today I got checked out and tested for Group B Strep. I am kinda strange in that I REALLY like getting checked out. I think it gives me hope that I will not be pregnant forever. I do NOT like getting the GBS test done though. I will not explain it. Just feel violated afterward. Anyway. Today the ARNP that I saw told me I am 3 cm dilated for the external cervix and 0 cm dilated for the internal cervix. Kinda volcano cone shaped. But I am softened which is good. So progress is being made and I like that a lot. I am getting excited to see this new little one. Can't wait for her to get here!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so excited to see her! I hope she is a little Lucy. Here's hoping that the next 4 weeks speed by like crazy and you have the fastest, yet painless delivery ever! By the way, I saw your post on FB about the curtains,etc. When are you moving Lucy to her big girl room?

Kelly said...

One more thing...We want a Belly Shot!