Friday, July 10, 2009

Lucy's New Room

Today we got the second coat of paint on Lucy's new room. Mom was so kind to come and help me paint (ok, she did almost all of the work) but since the room had never been painted before the walls soaked it up big time and we had to do a quick second coat this afternoon. And by we, I mean Eric :) We are still working on the curtains and the covering for the arch window but all that is going to require is a big piece of cardboard. I already got the curtain rod and the finial (butterflies) so it is just a matter of getting them up on the wall. Eric will be working on that in the next couple days. I just had no patience for putting the room together. Maybe it is a nesting thing!

Zane was very, very sweet. We started putting the sheets on the bed and he got very serious and excited and told me that Lucy needed some friends for her bed so he kindly brought in his little piglet stuffed animal and his orca. I think he was afraid she would be lonely. Such a nice big brother!

I will post more pictures when I get all of the stuff up on the walls. I was just too excited to share how it looks so far!

In case you can't tell from the pictures the walls are a nice pale purple called Whipped Plum. I think it is perfectly girly!

No comments: