Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lucy's New Room- Finished!

Well, I still have some stuff to put up on the walls but the majority of the work is done. The curtains are up and I intend to move her stuff into the dresser and have her start sleeping there so in my book the room is done.

The arch window in the room has always been a problem. When Crystal was staying in that room we looked into buying a shade for it. We were quoted around $600 and I imagine you can visualize the heart attack that about gave Eric. After a lot of thought and brainstorming my mom came up with the plan to put a big piece of cardboard in the window that kinda resembled a pillow. I think it looks adorable and it certainly keeps out most of the light. The sun rises on that side of the house and Lucy is already an early riser. The best part of this solution was the cardboard was free and the fabric was the bottom of the curtains that my mom cut off and rehemmed. It is sooooooo nice to have a crafty mom!

The missy princess on her new bed. Hopefully bedtime tonight will go well! I had Eric try to put her down in there last night just to try it and she threw a shrieking tantrum for him. I will give it a go tonight though. Sometimes it just needs a momma's touch!

Zane has been DYING for Lucy to sleep in her new room. I don't really know why but he thinks it is pretty cool that she has some new digs. Obviously someone needs to be enjoying them!

Now just to finish re-infant-izing the baby room. Once I am sure Lucy is good in her new room I will raise the mattress back up and get all the baby stuff back out. It is so much fun getting ready for a new little one!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Do you use one of those side rails when you put them in a big bed? Have your kids ever fallen out?

Little Blessings said...

I used a side rail with Zane and the bed Andrew used was a top bunk that came with rails already. Lucy's bed is ridiculously low to the ground and she hasn't fallen out at nap time yet. Plus I broke the one I had for Zane and was too cheap to buy a new one. This bed is no higher than a toddler bed so I figure it is going to be ok. We will see how she does tonight though. It is night one of big girl bed!

Kelly said...

I was just wondering if they were a must or not. Molly isn't coming here for the fall now, so I am pushing back his bed moving, he is really long though so I am not sure how much longer he will make it in the crib. When did you switch Zane?

Little Blessings said...

I switched Zane right around his second birthday. It is when I moved Andrew too. Although mine have never climbed out of the crib either. If they start doing that you really have no choice about moving them.

Lucy is by far the youngest and she would have loved to stay in the crib longer. I just hate having a toddler and newborn in the same room because of the constant foot traffic all night long and I REALLY can't stand having babies in my room. I end up sleeping like crap because they are too noisy.

Lucy did good last night though. She woke up at 12:30 scared, crying and standing in the middle of her room but I snuggled her and found her blankie again and she went right back to sleep. Hopefully that will just be a one time thing. She slept until just after 7 though which is later than she has slept in weeks. Kinda nice!

Kelly said...

I think it's good too to make the transition before the baby comes. That way she won't associate it with the baby. I can't stand to have a baby in my room either. We will have to share a hotel room this week and I am dreading it! We all sleep so crappy in one room.