Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pool Time!!!

When the temperature gets into the mid 80's there is only one option in my opinion. Time to get into the pool and cool off. Especially for my pregnant belly the kiddie pool is a must. Usually I get the pool out in the morning and fill it up with the hose so that by the time I actually want to get into it in the afternoon it is no longer an arctic ice floe. Didn't think about it this morning though and so when Eric filled it up this afternoon I was unpleasantly surprised to find it icy cold. The kids however had no such issue with the water and spent the better part of an hour splashing and playing. A very nice way to cool off and kill a HOT afternoon!

Zane has been very loving toward Lucy lately and it is wonderful to see. He seems to think that she is a lot of fun to play with and will spend time with her as long as she is doing what he wants to do!

My water lovin' crew!

Andrew got done with the pool first. He seemed to run out of ways to play the quickest. Lucy and Zane had a blast outside the pool with a bucket of water that they would fill up (Zane helped Lucy) and dump on top of their heads. I tossed a bucket of water at Andrew and he burst into tears. The rest of them looked like they were having a blast though and I thought he might enjoy it. Not so much apparently!

Eric and I have both come to the conclusion that Lucy is our most water loving kid yet. She was in the pool chattering like chipmunk but you couldn't get her out of the water to save her life. She will be one I have to watch around the water for sure. She just has no fear and that of course means that I have to have the fear for her. Not in a paranoid way though. Just in a so you don't drown kinda way.

Maybe the pool will be a smidgen warmer tomorrow. I think the weather is supposed to be cooler but the kids probably won't even notice. Man I love summer!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the picture of Lucy and Zane together. I can't get over how old they both look! It's too bad poor Andrew isn't a fan of the pool, maybe it is time for some type of water gun type thing. It adds to the fun. I love these new foam ones they have that shoot, but they don't look like guns at all. Have you seen those? They look like foam tubes.

Little Blessings said...

He was funny. He liked being in the pool and splashing but it only lasted a short amount of time. I am sure he would love one of those water guns. As long as no one sprayed him that is!

Kelly said...

It is a hard lesson to learn, when you have a water gun in your hand you are fair game to be sprayed. I used to wear goggles so the water didn't get in my eyes. Do have a big enough yard for a slip and slide? I miss those!

Little Blessings said...

We do have a slip and slide but that seems to only last a few minutes. Once again the spray in the eyes thing. Lucy thinks all water stuff is fun but the boys have been picky always.