Monday, July 20, 2009

Big 6 and 18 Months

I am always curious how much my kids have grown from one month or year to the next. It makes me so giddy to discover that they are growing and healthy. As they have gotten bigger it is easier for me to tell that they are growing or have grown because all of a sudden they will eat a ton, sleep a ton and clothing that looked fine just days before will be too short or tight.

Andrew and Lucy both had their checkups today. Andrew is always thrilled to have his doctors appointment. I think he finds it as much fun as I do! Here are his latest stats!

Height: 48" 89%
Weight: 48# 6 oz 65%

Tracking about the same from last year. Although it is really hard for me to believe that my baby is now 4 feet tall! I knew he was close but it still is slightly unbelievable to me! This year he grew almost 3 inches and gained about 6 pounds. Not bad!

Miss Lucy was in a foul mood this morning when we went to the doctors. We got to the office and Eric tucked the tag in on her dress and she threw an enormous tantrum. Oh the joy of being 18 months. I think the funniest part was that she was a holy terror for Andrew's whole exam and then when her turn came she was silent as a mouse. Totally unexpected but a welcome unexpected. Lucy had two shots today and now she is done until her kindergarten boosters. I love how fast that goes! The shots went about as well as I expected. Eric and I both commented that this was the appointment when Zane ripped the needles out of his leg while he was getting his shots. Since Lucy has a temperament about the same as Zane, I wisely told Eric he could hold her. She screamed so long and hard after the shots that I think she stopped breathing for about 20 seconds. The nurse and Eric both said "Breathe!" And then she wailed for about 5 minutes. Fortunately we had dressed her in a dress before the shots so we didn't have to try and wrangle her into her clothing while she was so upset. Score some thinking points for us! Here are Lucy's newest stats!

Height: 32.75" 81%
Weight: 24# 9 oz 55%

Pretty close to normal I think. She is still kinda tall for her age but maybe she will take after Eric in that way. I think he would enjoy a little girl basketball player. In the past three months she has grown almost 2 inches and gained a pound and a half. She is certainly falling off the boys curve with height but staying kinda close to Andrew's curve with weight. We won't compare her to Zane though. That just might be mean!

I just had to throw a picture of Zane in too. He has been so fun lately and busy doing cute little dances and comedy routines for us. He has a ridiculously good imagination and some of the funniest things come out of his mouth. Some of the most terrible things come out of his mouth too but we are trying to work on that. In so many ways he reminds me of my brother. Anyway, this morning Eric got Lucy dressed in the dress you see above. Well, I don't know what wild bug crawled up Zane's buns but he decided that he wanted to wear a dress too. And not just a dress, a pink and purple dress. I have one that would fit him that someone had given me for Lucy so in an attempt to appease him (and show him how silly he looked) I put it on him. Eric was not around for this adventure, it would have been completely disapproved. In fact, if he reads this post I am expecting a nasty comment. Anyway, the little turkey looked at himself in the mirror, called himself pretty and then wanted to wear it. Hmmmm.... that backfired big time. I did get the dress off him and I did not take any pictures. But man he looked adorable with his chubby cheeks! How much trouble am I going to be in when Eric reads about this do you think?


Zane's appointment is at the end of August and I can't wait to see how much he has grown. I think he is going to like an appointment all to himself where he is the center of attention. We shall see though!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't believe how fast kids grow! I would have loved to see a picture of manly Zane in a dress! Ha!

Little Blessings said...

If I thought I could have grabbed the camera without grabbing Eric's attention too I would have!

Ms. Leigh said...

That Lucy! She is a stubborn one! Just liker her mother ;)
Andrew is starting to look old and it is so sad.
Question, did you talk to the Doc about DSHS and new baby?

Zane in a dress! LOVE IT. I think what is so wonderful about it being zane is that he seems appearance wise, more masculine the Andrew and for him to like the girl stuff cracks me up.
What does Andrew think of Zane and his feminine side?

Little Blessings said...

The DSHS insurance stuff won't be an issue. I asked the very nice receptionist lady (you guys were right, the med people took it in stride with no change of tone!) and she told me since our family is currently being seen they will take the new baby. Total relief to my mind!

As for Zane and Andrew, Andrew just rolls his eyes and thinks he is being weird. I am very sure Zane does it for the reaction he gets. Eric and Andrew both are semi-horrified. I take it in stride. I can only imagine it is a phase and he will outgrow it. Some day he will be embarrassed about the whole thing I am sure. Then I will get to tease him :) And you are right, he does look all boy and is the last one you would think would be wanting a dress and pink and purple. At least he doesn't want to carry a purse around and wear high heels. That would probably send Eric over the edge!

Chris and Mandy said...

I bet Zane looked great in the dress. If he insists on high heels just consider it good calf muscle development, which will be good for sports down the road. That might appease Eric.